On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 20:33:21 +0000
et <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> not only that, but if the iso is 652 MB, it will burn as slightly less
> than 650 megs. the ISO is larger than the burnt file, but do not just
> copy the iso to a cdrom???

Well, always a fudge factor. dd for instance on a series of wav's I
burnt to cd yesterday totalled 714 mb. But it would have fit (audio) on
a 74min (650 mb) CD just fine - it topped at 72 minutes according to
gcombust.

Probably due to the 1000 vs 1024 thing, or it's not including error
correcting sectors etc.