On Wednesday 04 February 2004 04:05 pm, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> OK, but how would I unset the changes I have to make to get kde3.2 to work
> (if I want to go back to 3.1 or change to any rpms that might get
> released). P
>
> On Thursday 05 February 2004 01:01 am, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > On Wednesday 04 February 2004 02:20 pm, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> > > The output of env tells me only my current QTDIR.  How do I findout
> > > what my current KDEDIRS and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are?
> >
> > If it is not in the output of your env, it isn't set at all and the
> > program default will rule.

I would create a shell script that started each environment that includes the
export statements to load the correct environment variables.

Call the first one kde32

   #//bin/bash
   #Script to start KDE3.2

   export KDEDIR=~/.kde32
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=blahblah

   startkde

and one for 3.1.3

   #//bin/bash
   #Script to start KDE3.1.3

   export KDEDIR=~/.kde
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=

   startkde

Obviously, expand and modify as appropriate to your circumstance.
--
/g