ok I tryed the mount command i got back no errors when I typed mount /mnt/cdrom

here is my mtab file

/dev/hda5 / ext3 rw 0 0
none /proc proc rw 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs rw 0 0
none /dev devfs rw 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda8 /home ext3 rw 0 0
none /mnt/floppy supermount
rw,sync,dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
/dev/hda9 /tmp ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda6 /usr ext3 rw 0 0
/dev/hda7 /var ext3 rw 0 0
none /mnt/cdrom supermount
ro,dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0