Charles A Edwards wrote:

Have you tried any of the other tv rpms xawtv or mythtv and I think xine

can even be used for such?

Charles

Well, I use the following TV apps:
tvtime
Zapping (unfortunately automatic scanning doesn't work here for me & there were some serious problems with fullscreen mode)
Motv (still quite buggy)
XawTV (user-unfriendly but working well)
WMTV (don't work here)
Xine (DVB doesn't work for me: "Input plugin failed to open mrl 'dvb://'")

Note that I use these apps from the 9.2 package - not the latest version from anywhere.
And the kradio package from you is the best radio app I have tried so far (it would be a perfect one if it wouldn't crash or lose list of stations from time to time).
FYI, I have had big problems setting my TV card (KWorld) properly. Automatic detection in Mandrake 9.2 (and in SuSE LiveEval 9.0) didn't set up the bttv module properly (I had to do it manually), but after that I have almost no problem with it (except for the fact that I can't still use LIRC in Linux :( ).
Wojciech Podgorni