On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:01:25 -0600
"C. Tresenriter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just started gFTP to get the 10.0 iso and it is proceeding and only
> with occasional interruptions to the xmms stream....

I did not realize there were iso's available via FTP. I suppose they've
made it to the mirrors, which is cool. I got my disks using bittorrent.
I did find that cd#2 had a bad md5sum so I had to remove it and restart
bittorrent. Then, all md5sums verified.

What type of connection do you have? DSL/Cable? What is the bandwidth of
the xmms stream you're listening to? If the stream is sufficiently high
bandwidth, then these dropouts will be expected, because ftp or
bittorrent is using up a lot of that bandwidth.

I get better results with ncftp than I do with web download managers.