On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:46:35 -0500
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm still tryin' to build from source, never mind RPM's. I'm not sure
> if it's finding the wrong devel libs (still have the old ones
> installed) or if I'm missing something.

I had trouble compiling it from source (tarball) as well. It passed
configure, but the compile errored out somewhere deep in the source with
a link error IIRC.

I had good results with Charles' source RPMs. Those built fine, but the
process brought in a number of devel dependencies that I did not have.
And of course, the binary worked this time - the other binary RPMs for
athlon or 686 don't work here, even though I have an Athlon
(thunderbird) - they error out early with a sigill (illegal
instruction). I managed to run it through gdb and saw some wierd
instructions I did not recognize.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>$rpm -qa | grep gimp
> libgimpprint1-4.2.5-30mdk
> libgimp1.2_1-1.2.5-6mdk

I'm on 10.0 beta 2 now so I can't check the rpms I do have for that.