On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:58:44 CST
John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> problem just getting clisp to run at all), but I still get an "All
> files already installed" message.

You're installing from a tarball (filesomething.tar.gz), right?

The easiest way to see what's going on is to run

# gunzip -c whatever.tar.gz | tar -tvf -

This will just list the files in the archive, rather than install them.
>From there you can see what files are going where.

You might try 'urpmi clisp' as well, there seems to be a clisp in
mandrake. urpmf clisp does bring up clisp-2.38 FWIW.

The urpm* commands are quite sophisticated. urpmf 'file' will give you
RPMS that use 'file' even if they're not installed on your system.