----- Original Message -----
From: John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:28:19 +0000
To: NEWBIE 1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [newbie] Missing kernel config file

> Missing kernel config file
> ==========================
>
> OK, so, packages,
> kdeadmin-3-1-8mdk
> kdeadminkpackage-3-1-8mdk
> are definately installed
>
> When in kde - system - linux kernel
>
> the window complains,
> The kernel configuration could not be read due to the following error:
>
> cannot open /usr/src/linux/arch//config.in for reading
>

> Either your kernel sources contain invalid configuration rules or you
> just found a bug in the KDE Kernel Configurator.
>
> and it says path to kernel sources :/usr/src/linux
>
> but no such directory exists
>
> trouble is I cannot find any config.in file anywhere
>
> what must I do to accomplish a kde kernel configeration interface
>

> John
Hi John, I would say that you need to install the "kernel-source"
package for your kernel.
That should provide you with all the stuff you are looking for.

HTH. Best regards to you. :-)

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness." -- James Thurber

~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.2~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~