On Monday 09 Feb 2004 4:38 am, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> I need to configure my mail system and I want to include spamassassin in
> the mix.
> I figure there are a number of ways to accomplish this.
> What I would like are some suggestions.  What programs are best to use with
> spamassassin?
> Or what programs do you use witn spamassassin?
>
> Regards;
> Hoyt

If all you want to do is provide mail for a single user (or small group of
users), then all you really need do is run spamassassin as a filter in your
mail client. No need for a mail server if you do not need one.

The Sylpheed-claws mail client has a Spamassassin plugin (install the
sylpheed-claws-spamassassin-plugin RPM)  I have not used it myself, but I'm
sure you could work it out.

It is also quite easy to configure kmail to run spamassassin as a filter.
Check out this post from the archives
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg148384.html
(You will need to install perl-Mail-Spamassassin)

BTW: Charles Edwards has some lovely up to date RPMS for both Spamassassin and
Sylpheed-claws at http://www.eslrahc.com/
If you have not already done so, then add him as a urpmi source.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org