On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 10:05:57AM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Todd, this is a well-documented issue with 9.1 - if you're on 9.2 I
> don't know.  Any removable disk that is mounted from an fstab fixed
> line, such as I use for my LS120 drive, causes this if you boot
> without a disk in.  I keep an old floppy in my drive to avoid the
> problem.  If your card reader is mounted under /mnt/removable by the
> system, just unplug it when you're not using it and the problem will
> go away.  HTH

Anne, I'm on 9.1. Thanks and I'll try unplugging the device and removing
the line from /etc/fstab. The problem is the "why" is still annoying
me--why all of a sudden did this start happening when I've been running
it for quite a while without incident? I may have to do some deep
meditation to get this out of my head!

Todd