Hi!

I am freshly new in this community.
Bored of ms I was looking for a new horizon.
I am a developer and an user of Windows ... so far at
least.
My first impression on Linux is that it is great to be
an open project for everybody can do something.
Also, in time, I had the impression that Linux in
general tries to help some new (formely windows) users
by making an compromise to the GUI to be close to the
ms windows in behavior.
I think it is nice, but a windows user is handicaped
in administering, troubleshooting or - sometimes - in
even using Linux. The hardware producing companies
didn't support Linux by making drivers, some others
request money for that, so you need to look on the net
to find a good guy that made them...
I am sorry to find that MDK lose the good place in the
charts. I used it since 8 version and it has been the
best comparing it to others in stability (I installed
it on DELL laptop, some PCs and it was the easyest to
use to me).
I understand that all this effort must be financially
rewarded, despite if Linux is famous for being free
for home use at least...
I would like to support it if I'd afford this (I live
in a country where the price of the average package -
let's say 100euros - is the medium salary - and to buy
it is some kind of alien experience - technically and
as mentality).
In my opinion, a support form the users - of the 98.5%
that do not pay - a support form the users of 5 euros
as a donation wouldn't be a big expense, but a great
support for the company. Take it as suggestion. Don't
you like to reward the people that provided you a
great OS and support? Don't you want to have an OS as
long time you need - I mean to avoid the change of it
because of the company bankruptcy (it was to happen
once last year)?
Also, I would keep all the packages loved by users, I
would provide them as much as it is possible
(affordably) if I want to have them by my side.
On other hand I would try to find a standard in
package content.
But remember: too much backward compatibility kept
leads to a big expense in developing time and
maintenence and in performance. There are some things
that MUST be changed.
Make good concepts and try to invent something, to
create something new like you are trying now on Cooker
and I think you will succeed.
You users, leave the past behind, think to the future
and try to act like you are new in this field. Use
your experience in gettin rid of the bad conceived and
wrong implemented things!
There are things that are changing free of your will!
Not all these are bad, not all these are right!
Try to filter them!

That's all for the moment and take this as it is : a
new user's thoughs! As time goes by I hope I will get
involved moreto understand you better and maybe to
help you!

(new)Bye!
Mike