On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:03:22 -0800
"Lee B." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dennis Myers wrote:
>
> >On Thursday 12 February 2004 04:58 pm, Marc Resnick wrote:
> >

> >>Is there a shell command to list running processes? I used screen to start
> >>up a game server, then detached. If I want to stop it, what do I do?
> >>

> >You can see everything running and its pid # by typing "top" in a console,
> >does not have to be root. HTH
> >

> How does one page down while running Top, so you can see the processes
> that don't fit on the first screen?

You can't. What I do is sort by different things. I'll sort by maybe CPU
usage (CTL-P), then maybe Age (CTL-A), then maybe by users (press u,
then type the name of the user). If I want to see all the processes,
then I type "ps aux | less"

John

--
Thu Feb 12 22:04:36 CST 2004

To err is human.
To blame someone else for your mistakes is even more human.