I don't know if I'm remotely right here but is an AMD4864-133 a pentium
class CPU?  I know MAndrake is compiled for pentium class machines and I
have read that 486 machines can have some difficulties running Mandrake.  If
your CPU isn't pentium class maybe that's causing, or contributing towards
the problem.

Aaron