Trey Sizemore wrote:

I have a machine currently setup with Win2000 (6GB) and SUSE 9.0 taking
up the remainder of an 80GB hard drive.  I downloaded the ISOs for
Mandrake 10 Beta 2 and wanted to give it a try on this machine.  I'm
currently using GRUB as my bootloader.

How would I go about installing Mandrake such that I have a triple boot
environment?  Will it natively offer to resize the SUSE partition to
make room or should I use something like Partition Magic to resize them?

Once done, how should the bootloader be handled so that I can choose any
of the three to boot into?

If someone has done something like this before, I'd appreciate the
input!

Thanks.

There are a few things you will have to decide.
Where is your current SUSE /boot directory ?
Are you going to convert to a /boot PARTITION.

Having a /boot partition is easiest,
But having seperate /boot directories ,
one for each OS can be made to work.
I prefer to have a /boot partition, the install
is all automatic, just a question
of making sure grub/lilo has stanzas
to boot both OS's

I have to say first that I have never worked
with SUSE before so maybe it does things
differently from the rest of linux, I don't
think so, though.

Did you use PM to partition for SUSE ? is so continue to use it.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]