 From:    Chuck Mattsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Date:    Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:37:16 -0600
 Subject: 9.2 boot hangs on "Starting pcmcia" on Compaq Presario 2100 notebook
----

I'm in need of a /patient/ listmember to walk me through this, if
possible; admittedly, I'm a little frustrated at this point.

I first installed 10.0 beta 2, and it would boot with no hitches, but
it really seemed to be a bit of a mess, particularly for a newbie like me who didn't
know how to fix what was missing/askew, etc.

So, I decided to drop back to 9.2, thinking it would provide me with a stable install
while I get my Linux "legs."

Now I can't complete the boot sequence.  It consistently hangs on
"Starting pcmcia:" ... I've tried to research the problem on the web
and, indeed, many have reported the same problem, and the most
consistent advice seems to be to disable legacy USB support in the
system BIOS, which I've done, to no avail.

Other suggestions talk about disabling pcmcia at boot from within 9.2, but I can't get
that far, of course, and I don't know my way around
things well enough to get passed this "Starting pcmcia" stall.

Anyone?  Keeping in mind that I don't know what the hell I'm doing. :-)

TIA
--
Chuck Mattsen ... [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Mahnomen, MN

Random Thought/Quote For This Message:
The worst form of failure is the failure to try.

--
Chuck Mattsen ... [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Mahnomen, MN

Random Thought/Quote For This Message:
The more you say, the less people remember.