I recently compiled and installed a new kernel so ACPI would work.

Good News: ACPI works wonderfully.

Bad News: Linux isn't recognizing device wlan0. Ifup wlan0 does nothing.
Service network restart says that it's bringing up device wlan0, but it still
doesn't show up in ifconfig. iwconfig also shows no wlan0.

Oh, and my sound doesn't work either. It says something about not being able
to access /dev at startup. But now that I think of it, I'm going to go check
the permissions on it. I doubt that's the problem though.

Any help would be great,
Marc