----- Original Message -----
From: "Christophe Rhein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "liste linux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:22 PM
Subject: [newbie] Linux and 200 MMX?

----

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Christophe,
I would recommend getting at least 64 megabytes of memory...
If you are using a older Pentium Board... it is likey, that you have "two"
16 megabyte, 72 pin simms.
You might have two empty memory slots open on your motherboard,
if so, you could put "2" more 16 meg' 72 pin simms in it, for a new total of
64 megs'
You have to install 72 pin simm memory in pairs....
64 megs is what I have in my Pentium board... I don't know what you are
using for a video card, but I'm using a
ATI Radeon PCI card that has 32 megs' of memory on it.....
I was using a Pentium @ 200 MHZ for a while with Mandrake 9.2, and it ran
nicely..
I recently upgraded that cpu to a Evergeen Spectra 400 , it's a AMD K6-2 cpu
with a voltage converter,
that will make it compatible with the socket 7 slot that is on your current
pentium motherboard..
The speed is close to a Pentium 2 @ 500 MHZ now, and it's even more happy.
:-)
Check it out at: http://www.evertech.com/category.cfm?Category=27

Hope all of this isn't too much..    LOL  ;-)
"Happy" (Thos Kaber)