----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Kitching" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Marc Resnick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] X won't start!

> On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 17:21, Marc Resnick wrote:

Okay I took the time to write down all the errors.

The first I received repeated many times:

Warning: Symbol map for key < > redefined
                Using last definition for conflicting fields.

Inside the < > was: AB03 --> AB10, BKSL, LCTL, and SPCE. There could have
been more that was bumped off the screen.

Next came:
Errors from xkbcomp not fatal to X server

Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
Could not open default font 'fixed'

XIO: fatal IO error 104(connection reset by peer) 0X
X server ":0.0" after 0 requests(0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

My Xfree86 config is normal, and the abnormal error during boot was that I
have no space left on my root partition(which I was going to make bigger
today...when suddenly this happened).

Any ideas?

Marc