On Wednesday 18 February 2004 07:18 am, Anne Wilson wrote:

> Chris - I advised you to reinstall Mozilla.  I forgot to say that you
> should first rename your .mozilla hidden directory (under your
> /home).  When you reinstall you can then move across the bookmarks
> and anything else you need - but only the things you need, as the
> problem could be in that folder.
>
> Did anyone tell you to try moving/renaming that directory and
> launching moz again?  That creates a replacement directory.  If the
> problem is in your personal config files that are stored there you
> will have a running program again.
>
> Sorry if this seems disjointed, but I'm just catching up on a backlog
> of mail
>
> Anne

Forgot to mention thats the first thing I tried.  I made a mozhold dir and
moved the .mozilla dir over to it, restarted mozilla and same thing.  Just
uninstalled mozilla and galeon, reinstalled mozilla and copied all my saved
profile stuff over, works like a champ.  I'm always hesitant about
uninstalling something and reinstalling it, guess I'm afraid it's going to
screw something else up.  Thanks Anne for the help

Chris

--
  Regards
  Chris