I have a hd and a cd-w on the same cable, and i have accidently placed
the jumbers so that the cd-w is master and the hd is slave, even though
according to cable-select it should be the other way around.

I have been experiencing some instability when copying/moving large data
to/from this hd, and I was wondering if it would help if I changed the
disk to be master and the cd-w to be slave?

So how do I do this while preserving its mount points and without too
much trouble?

Heres my fstab:

/dev/hda2 / xfs defaults 1 1
/dev/hda1 /boot ext2 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda6 /home xfs defaults 1 2
/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 user,exec,dev,suid,ro,noauto 1 1
/dev/hdd5 /mnt/diverse xfs defaults 1 2
none /mnt/floppy supermount
dev=/dev/fd0,fs=ext2:vfat,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,uma
sk=0,sync,codepage=850 0 0
/dev/hdd1 /mnt/mydata xfs defaults 1 2
/dev/hdb1 /mnt/windows ntfs user,exec,dev,suid,rw 1 1
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda8 /usr xfs defaults 1 2
/dev/hda5 /var xfs defaults 1 2
/dev/hda7 swap swap defaults 0 0

The disks i want to move is:

/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom iso9660 user,exec,dev,suid,ro,noauto 1 1
-----
/dev/hdd5 /mnt/diverse xfs defaults 1 2
/dev/hdd1 /mnt/mydata xfs defaults 1 2

Best regards