I ran the update tool to update Mandrake last night, I picked say 50 or
so rpm's to update, and they totaled around 120 megs. I went to lay
down, and fell asleep (It was like 2am). I came to the PC this morning,
all packages installed successfully, although when I went into the gnome
menu, a good portion of stuff that was there had vanished! I couldnt run
the updater again, because it wasnt there! Does anyone know how I can
fix this? Or what the problem could be? We're talkin major
disappearance... even categories are missing, and under the ones that
ARE still there, most of the programs are gone!

Please help!