On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 17:33, Walt Frampus wrote:
> ... Also, a recent thread talked about Compaq laptops. I bought this
>  one a week ago and Mandrake 10 beta 2 installed perfectly and detected
>  everything...

That's good to hear.  With my recent 9.2 install on this Compaq 2175us
(which may be the thread you're referring to), the only problem I
/really/ had (and which seems to be a consistent problem for notebook
users) was the pcmcia hang during boot; other than that, everything's
working great (though often mysteriously to this Linux-frustrated
newbie), and my other install problems seem to fall into the category of
PEBCAK-type hitches :-)
--
Chuck Mattsen ... [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Mahnomen, MN
Registered Linux User #346519