On Sunday 22 February 2004 05:10 pm, Marc Resnick wrote:
> I just installed KDE3.2, and then I booted up with it. There's about a
> centimeter between each letter on everything! Desktop, titles, taskbar.
> I couldn't find any option in fonts to fix it. Is there some package I
> maybe didn't install? Ahhh!

Anytime I install a new version of kde and start getting weird stuff
happening, I login to GNOME and then rename my ~/.kde directory and then let
KDE recreate it with default settings at next login.  You can then copy stuff
like kaddressbook data and mail account settings over by hand.

99.9% of the time this solves the problems.  Sometimes the config files are
not 100% compatible, so cruft in the old files trips the new KDE up.
--
/g