The Epson Stylus Color 600 here is getting old. The inkjets keep
blocking and the print quality is dire. Added to which, the thought of
printing 100+ page manuals double sided with it is not filling me with
enthusiasm.

So I am looking at laser printers. With colour printing done at
infrequent intervals an inkjet is just going to be hassle, and having
two printers is not really on. It looks like I need a colour laser.

The Samsung CLP500 looks like what I need, cheap, does duplex without an
expensive extra, has Linux drivers, and the networked version would
free up my choice of locations for it.

So does anyone have any experience with this printer? Any comments on
the print quality or Linux drivers? Anyone had any problems
communicating with the networked version?

Any other suggestions? Size is an issue; the gf is going to take some
convincing, even with the moderately large CLP500. Fantastic photo
quality is not necessary, but we will be printing both B&W and colour
photos.

--
Richard Urwin