On February 25, 2004 08:20 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 February 2004 04:06 pm, Lanman wrote:
> > On February 25, 2004 04:39 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > > Does anyone have a print server running like above? A small single
> > > printer PSUS4 usb printer server. I have the network set up and can
> > > ping the server, and once had a test print from the linux side but now
> > > have lost it. I think that I am using an incorrect ip address or port.
> > > Any help out there? Point me like an arrow and I will fly. : ) TIA
> >
> > Dennis; if the print server has a static IP and you can give the unit a
> > hostname via the web-interface, try editing your "/etc/hosts" file to
> > include the Linksys box. Then use LPR instead of cups to send print jobs
> > to the Linksys unit. That's assuming that it supports CUPS or LPR.
>
> No joy.  I have something very basic missconfigured  I am sure of it. I
> will bulldog this one to the ground. : P

Go for it! I'd love to know how it turms out! I've had to set up a few of
those styles of print-servers, and the one that works flawlesly is the GNet
PS-201 (www.gvc.ca), but before buying the first one, I checked to see what
protocols it supported. LPR, Windows print sharing, IPP, the works! Runs via
Cat5 cable which you attach to your hub or switch, and Voila !
--
Lanman
Registered Linux user #190712