Henrique Oliveira Santos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is my first questions here, but many of discussions here solved many
> of mine problems.
>
> I've download and installed j2sdk rpm from sun. It installed succesfully.
> Even in mozilla 1.6 i can run applets with the symlink.
Instead of symlinks you could create a file like this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] source]$ cat /etc/profile.d/java.sh
#!/bin/bash
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_03/jre
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin
export JDK=$JAVA_HOME
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_03/bin

> But im trying to
> run .jar java applications. I've done these to set PATH and CLASSPATH in
> Konsole for j2sdk:
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_03/bin
> CLASSPATH=/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_03/lib
>
> When I try to run any .jar like:
> java Application.jar

As I remember it you should put the jar _file_ in the classpath
and execute like this
CLASSPATH=path/to/Application.jar
java -jar Application.jar

/Björn