Some liberial snipping done below

> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:18:10 -0500
> Marc Resnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> I don't exactly see a problem with a newbie using
> a beta or rc version of Linux. After all, I am here
> for the experience.
>
> I don't really <i>need</i> Linux. I'm 13 years old
> and this happens to be one of my hobbies.
>
> I'm just here to learn. What's the fun of just
> using 9.2?

The main problem I have with the idea of a newbie
using any non-stable release, weather it be alpha,
beta, or a release canidate, is that it isn't
completely stable.  Microsoft has enought problems
with theire stable releases (i.e. Windows 9x, 2kx, ME,
XP, NT), that it is frustrating.  If you start mucking
around with something not stable, then the frustration
level can raise rather fast.  If you become too
frustrated, then you may give up, and not return.
That can be the biggest drawback to it, and the main
reason I object to the idea.

You don't need Linux, and I don't need a phone.  Both
are wants, not needs, and something we can do without.
 But do we really want to be without?  And besides,
isn't a command line a more truer form of using a
computer, than say a mouse in a GUI?

Linux is fun, and so is any number of other things.
Linux can also be a chore, work, and a tool.  You can
try downloading, and installing, Gentoo.  That distro
is not quiet a Linux From Scratch, but pretty close to
it.  Not only is it fun, for being able to peer inside
the workings of Linux, but it is a great learning tool
as well.  What is the fun of just using a regular XBox
to play games with?  Mdk 9.2 has enought to keep most
people exploring it for a long while.

Mike (a.k.a. AWEV)