Marc Resnick wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Troy Thomas Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] KDE won't start!

Marc Resnick wrote:

I use Mandrake 10RC1. I was at the login screen, and I halted, for
some reason I thought it did something else. Anyway I started up
again, and now when I click on my login name it says "Your saved
session type 'kde' is not valid anymore." It does not give me the
option to choose any other Interface. Is there some temp file I need
to delete? I pressed ctrl+alt+f6 to open a new session, and I'm logged
in. What should I do?

--Marc

I had the same problem using the mdkdm.  When I changed to the kdedm and
then went to "default" it fixed the problem.  I don't know why.

--
Troy T. Hall
Registered Linux User #342150

Uh...how do I do that?

from the cli use mcc & then "display manager" From KDE go System>Configuration>Configure your computer>[root pw]>system>display manager

-- Troy T. Hall Registered Linux User #342150 Mandrake Club Member Abilene, KS.