On Wednesday 03 March 2004 01:40 pm, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 March 2004 11:31 pm, rhein wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm looking for a light version of linux to run on a
> > old MMX200 with 64 MB of ram. Is vectorlinux a good
> > choice for a beginner? Thank you
> > Christophe
>
> Absolutely, but on those specs a Slaclware9.1 would run
> acceptably (maybe even faster) too.
> Without the heavy weight Windowmanagers like KDE and
> Gnome even Mandracke9.1 will run OK  providing there's
> not too many unnecessary services running.
>
> Good luck,
> HarM
Slackware is a better choice. Debian....Any version of Linux
can run fine on the hardware you said, but yes, Slackware
would be much better. Or Free BSD. If you can install
Slackware, you can install Free BSD, they look the same and
act almost exactly a like.
We Are 138
http://www.suse.com
http://www.slackware.org