On Saturday 06 March 2004 12:32 pm, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> On Saturday 06 March 2004 12:04 pm, Chris wrote:
> > I installed spamassassin 2.63 a few weeks ago via CPAN leaving the old
> > 2.41 intact.  Looking at the CPAN install log I can't seem to decipher
> > where the newer version has been installed.  Any help would be
> > appreciated.
>
> I am pretty sure that installing SpamAssassin via CPAN will remove the
> old version.  I don't think that you can have more than one version of SA
> running unless you are installing and running it as a user out of your
> home directory and the default installations of SA don't run like that.

I know that spamc/spamd have been replaced,  as I remember from a previous
mail you replied to me:

> CPAN has the actual binary files but not stuff like the init scripts.  I
> am pretty sure that you need the RPM for that.  I have never uninstalled
> the RPM's when I have upgraded and it has never caused me any problems.
> Since the files are all stored in the same directory structure, I am
> pretty sure that the spamd/spamc binary applications have been replaced.

I was just wondering where the files were placed when upgrading via CPAN.
I've also noticed that my syslog file is huge now with spamassassin
running, its 1.3gb in size.  I can see I'm going to have to go into webmin
and change it from weekly to daily for that log.

Thanks
Chris

--
  Regards