On Saturday 06 March 2004 08:42 am, Dennis Myers wrote:
> Hi all, I have the 5 CD set of 10.0 and it is not playing nicely with my
> comp. This is the first time of all the releases that I have had such a
> mess.  I have two choices on boot. the 2.4.xx kernel or the 2.6.xx kernel.
> Both go through the boot up fine but 2.6.xx ends with just a blank screen
> and no keyboard action.
> 2.4.xx loads up and runs but apps like OO.org just kind of hang with
> transparent screens.  I continue to explore. But for now this looks like a
> PITA. Anyone getting better results?
So, I solved the problem by reinstalling 10.0 with only the 2.6.2 kernel and
then went in and edited X11 to take out the "driver "nvidia" " and replace
with "nv". So the Nvidia driver that comes with 10.0 is not compatible with
the 2.6 kernel. I am leary of going and getting the one on the NVIDIA site
cause of the boot up problems this release is having on my comp. Anyhoo, the
bugger runs. I hope some of this gets cleared up soon.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842