On Sunday 07 Mar 2004 21:13, Chris wrote:

> > > Derek, I'm the only user on the system.  Below is a cut from my
> > > local.cf in /etc/mail/spamassassin
> > >
> > > # Enable Bayes auto-learning
> > > auto_learn              1
> > > bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin
> > > bayes_file_mode 0777
> > > bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam 0.1
> > > bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam 10.0
> > >
> > > Shouldn't that work?
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > No because  /etc/mail/spamassassin is owned by root and spamassassin runs
> > as the user the mail is being delivered to.
> >
> > derek
>
> Guess I'm either too dense to get it or something.  So, if I were to create
> a dir called "bayes" in my etc/mail/spamassassin for the bayes path and set
> the "bayes_file_mode to 666 vice 0777 would this solve the problem?  I do
> have a lockfile created when I run sa-learn.
>
> So, if ya need to kick me in the head to get me to understand, by all means
> do.
>
> Chris

That would not help because msec would come along and change the perms back to
660. You could always use drakperm to override msec, but my experience with
msec is that its best not to try to fight it. Just set the path
to /home/chris/something and there is no problem.

If you want to learn more about msec check this out
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/docs/msec.php

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net