frankieh wrote:
Olivier Esser wrote:

Does anyone know when community 10.0 will be available for free?

Isn't that a little stupid that it is only available to club memebers? Espicially only using Bittorent? Seaching with google we found vendors who sell the CDs for a few dollars (typically 3 or 4 $). Even if we are member of the club, this would be a much easier way to obtain it than using bittorrent with all the speed problem.

Olivier

I think that if mandrake gave access to the ISO's online in exchange for a 10 dollar donation..
they would get allot of money..

I am not a club member, the reason is simple, sometimes I have a heap of money, other times I need every cent I have.... its not predictablee...

However, I have bought powerpacks before, and probably will again.. I'd like to start trialing mdk10 asap to see if its suitable for my clients.. but I can't do that yet because I don't have access to the torrent or the ISO's...

As I have said, I've find vendors with google (just enter mandrake linux community as a search term) who sell the 10.0 community CDs for about 4$. It is perfectly their right to do this since the Cds are GPL. It is in this way that I find the attitude of Mandrake a little stupid.

Olivier Esser