On Monday 08 March 2004 02:10 pm, Travis Crook wrote:
> Hi All,
>       I have a server set up for email (qmail) currently running on a Pentium
> II that I would like to upgrade to a Dual Athlon MP.  I installed the
> software for qmail using the sources - not RPMs.  My question is can I
> just take the current hard drive and reinstall 9.1 to set up the kernel,
> etc. for the new hardware or would I be better off to rebuild the entire
> system?  What problems might I run into?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Travis Crook
> Visions Beyond
you can, as long as you don't change the positions in the IDE chain of the
hard drives, just change the MoBo, and cpus, etc, and then (or before, your
choice) urpmi kernel-smp-xxx, and away you go running a dual CPU rig....

you will want to run hardrake on bootup too, so any other hardware changes are
made for you on bootup.

this ain't winders...