Hi Cristophe,
I have an exactly similar machine, a P200MMx with 64MB
Ram.
I installed FreeBSD 5.1.
Here is what I installed:
XMMS via ports
WindowMaker from the CD-ROM
Acroread (PDF)
Opera & Mozilla (browsers - both are CPU intensive)
WindowMaker, is quite simple to configure.
So you can easily have a working machine. I doubt if
it will be worth the effort to install (java based)
office packages. You can probably he happy with
AbiWord.

you are welcome to contact me for any further details
Tk

 --- deedee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > On Sat, 06
Mar 2004 10:15:01, Christophe Rhein
> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >Thank you for all your answers and now I'm confused
> with all the
> >solutions... Not used to that after all the years
> with windows ;-)
> >If I get it wright I can use MDK also with that
> config... and I have it
> >already on cd. (save a lot of download time).
> >I need a Xwindow program like Kde... If not my wife
> will kill me >:o
> >    because it is here computer that I want to
> modify!
> >And last of all I'm really a beginner with linux...
> see all the messages
> >I mailed to the list the last weeks!
> >Thanks
>
> Until you are comfortable with Linux, using any of
> the distributions
<snipped>

=====
-- K E S H A V  T A D I M E T I --
BeOS Air
You have to pay for the tickets, but they're half the price of Windows Air, and if you
are an aircraft mechanic you can probably ride for free. It only takes 15 minutes to
get to the airport and you are cheuferred there in a limozine. BeOS Air only has
limited types of planes that only hold new luggage. All planes are single seaters and
the model names all start with an "F" (F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18, etc.). The plane will
fly you to your destination on autopilot in half the time of other Airways or you can
fly the plane yourself. There are limited destinations, but they are only places you'd
want to go to anyway. You tell all your friends how great BeOS Air is and all they say
is "What do you mean I can't bring all my old baggage with me?"