On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:15:26 -0500
JoeHill disseminated the following:

> Anyone been successful in building BMP? On MDK 9.2, I get the error:
>
> FATAL ERROR: Autoconf version 2.50 or higher is required for this script
>
> Even though:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/share>$rpm -qa | grep autoconf
> autoconf-2.13-19mdk
> autoconf2.5-2.57-5mdk
>
> It was suggested on the BMP mailing list to try:
>
> % export AUTOCONF=autoconf-2.57
> % export AUTOHEADER=autoheader-2.5x
>
> but then I get:
>
> ac-wrapper: ouch, couldn't call binary (/usr/bin/autom4te-2.13).
> autoheader-2.5x: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 2
> *error* autoheader-2.5x failed. (exit code = 0)
>
> Is there something specific to Mandrake in the way these development tools
> need
> to be called?

I tried building from the Cooker SRC.RPM, and I get this:

cd . && /bin/sh /usr/src/RPM/BUILD/bmp/missing --run autoheader
Can't locate object method "path" via package "Autom4te::Request" at
/usr/bin/autom4te-2.5x line 81. autoheader-2.5x: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with
exit status: 1

seems like maybe the problem is more autoheader (version?) than with autoconf.

Maybe I could convince Charles to weigh in on this one? ;-)

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046