Quoting John Zoetebier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I booted my Toshiba laptop without the USB mouse plugged in.
> In stead of detecting there is no mouse attached and using the TouchPad
> Mandrake shows a new hardware dialog.
> Not knowing what to do with it I click on cancel button.
> Now I do not have a touchpad nor a mouse, regardless if I plug the mouse
> in or not.
> When I login with keybard only I have managed to start the hardware
> configuration dialog.
> However the tab key is not working in this dialog.
> Is there any way I can get the mouse back ?
>
> --
> John Zoetebier
> Web site: http://www.transparent.co.nz

Hi John,
I'm not so sure why your notebook behaves like that. Because in mine, I
usually plug and unplug my usb mouse without any problem. Yes, Mdk usually
will ask about hardware configuration, and I always choose 'cancel'. If we
choose 'Yes' it simply prensents us the configuration menu of the mouse.

To solve your problem, I think you can use drakeconf, but first it's better if
you do it in text mode since your tab key doesn't work, use Ctrl+Alt+F2 to go
to a console, and execute 'drakeconf' as root. TO go back to X, press
Ctrl+Alt+F7
HTH,
Fajar.