On Sunday 14 March 2004 01:48 pm, acid wrote:
->mandrake 9.2
->amd xp2000+
->256 pc2700
->Though Mandrake see's my zip drive (250) it dosen't read it, i have an icon
 on ->my desktop and a zip disk in the drive , but when i click on the icon
 it ->loads Konquerer with a blank page( 0 files, 0 directories). Tried as
 root as ->well with same results. Load same disk in WIN XP,see's files fine,
 so I know ->there are files on the disk.
->Please advise.

Just a start:

type in "dmesg > dmesg.txt" then examine the output to see how the Zip drive
is being recognized. Here, my Zip 100 is shown as:

hdc: IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI, ATAPI FLOPPY drive

Once you have that info in hand,  examine /etc/fstab and see what the line for
your Zip drive looks like. In fact, post /etc/fstab here so we can see it.

You can also right-click on the Zip icon on your desktop and pick properties
to see what its showing there.

Also, are you running Supermount? Let us know...we'll try to help ya. :-)

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord