I wanted to turn some mp3 files to .wav and then burn them, but I got an
error when trying to burn the .wav files. Then I came to understand the
reason why it happened: the .wav files were mono files. After a bit of
googling I found what I was looking for

$ sox monofile.wav -r 44100 -c 2 stereofile.wav

I tried to create an alias, but it didn't work. Then I created my first
script -- if it could be called a script. It is very simple, but it
works.

#!/bin/bash
echo please enter the filename
read name
sox $name -r 44100 -c 2 stereofile.wav

I hope someone will find this useful.
If anyone knows of any other way of doing it, then please let me know.
Thanks.

--
josenildo marques
icq #289971493