I can no longer send messages with kmail due to a massive corruption of
kde while transferring music files.  I attempted to solve the problem by
deleting .kde from /home. Lots of files there.  It resulted in kde not
working at all so I deleted kde and reinstalled.  Now kmail does fine
but will not send messages.  There is also a problem with Xmms seemingly
an address problem but only on the output side,  that is the display is
playing along fine but the speakers put out white noise with
interruption of music.  This is a KDE problem since it works in gnome.
I am using evolution to send this.  I have three words for evolution
"awful awful awful".  The only idea I have is to reinstall all programs
that are having problems so they will reconfigure themselves.  I would
rather not do that.  So if anyone has a better idea please help?

Regards;
Hoyt