Hi;  I've been pulling my hair out trying to solve this one since I installed Mandrake 9.2 a month ago ...

My video display becomes corrupt in X as I work.. like static appearing on the screen, especially when scrolling or dragging windows.

Video card: 3d Labs Permedia 2
Mandrake 9.2

The problem is reproduced in all resolutions, although I've only tried the 24bpp modes.

The problem is reproduced at low clock/scan rates (i.e. 31.5 640x480 60hz) and at optimal rates. No difference.

My display works fine in Windows 98 which I have installed dual-boot.

I've tried enabling the no_accel option in XF86Config-4.  Just slower display, no help.

Thanks ~
Asa