On Tuesday 16 March 2004 10:26 am, Bob Smith wrote:
>But for some reason my cd drive
> is recognized BUT does not recognize that there is a
> disk in there.  Supermount is on.  Has anyone had this
> problem before?  Perhaps someone has a checklist of
> steps to go through to make sure the the cd is
> configured correctly?

You might want to try several different CD's in the drive before concluding
that the drive isn't working.  My understanding is that there is code built
into the 2.6 kernel that tries to detect what kind of media is inserted into
the drive and this may get confused once in a while.  I suspect that was the
cause of my own problem.

Also, have you tried to manually mount the cd to see what kind of errors you
get?

As user or root:  mount /mnt/cdrom
--
Bryan Phinney