On Tuesday 16 Mar 2004 22:48, David Bachechi wrote:
> You know I like the distro, and all previous versions, but this 10.0 CE
> is too freeking buggy for my tastes.
>
> No matter what version I install(RC1, CE), or what kernel I run(non
> frame buffer like someone said to) it freezes randomly, and gnome
> doesn't work at all(none of which of course happened in 9.2).  Guess
> thats what ya get for goin bleedin edge!
>
> If there is something that anyone thinks I havent/should try please let
> me know.
>
> I guess I will have to wait till 10 final comes out.  :(
>
> Dave

Have you tried updating to the latest version of 10.0 stable?
Set up urpmi to use mandrake-devel/stable as a source and you will get the
current stable version of 10.0 as packages get committed from Cooker.

For example
urpmi.addmedia stable
ftp://ftp.rediris.es/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake-devel/stable/i586/Mandrake/RPMS
with ../hdlist.cz

(all on 1 line)
Like Cooker 'stable' changes frequently so do an 'urpmi.update -a' often, and
use 'urpmi --auto-select'   to update to the latest version.

derek

BTW: Could you remove the "Reply To" in your Thunderbird settings please
See the list etiquette page in the Wiki for why.

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org