On Wednesday 17 March 2004 07:52 pm, Chuck Mattsen wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 19:07, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 March 2004 03:57 pm, Chuck Mattsen wrote:
> > > I suspect this may be the problem, though I'm at a loss as to how to
> > > circumvent it ... I did some Googling for "kmail pop before smtp"
> > > (which has been an option in most other email clients I've used, but I
> > > see nothing along those lines in kmail/kontact), and I see a couple of
> > > people have developed some kind of workaround which apparently involves
> > > sending a "precommand" during the login process which refers to a
> > > script, which requires edits of some .rc file, and so on.  In other
> > > words, it's beyond my abilities at this point in time.
> >
> > Kmail does support this.  Change the default sending method from Send Now
> > to Send Later.  Then, check the box that says send messages in outbox
> > folder on check.  Now, when you send a message it will go into the
> > Outbox.  When you check for new messages, it will then send everything
> > that is in the outbox.
>
> Okay, changed to Send Later (already had send messages in Outbox on
> check selected).  No go.  Same error message as before, which would lead
> me to think the problem lies elsewhere.  Well, progress of a sort, I
> guess.  Thanks.
>
> I'm shelving this problem until I'm in a better state of health and,
> therefore, a better frame of mind (with some patience :-) ... I have
> zero at the moment).  Thanks, all.

   I am kind of jumping in late here but I have had a similar problem before.
Try this, Move your messages from the outbox to a different folder or create
a new folder to put them in. Next compose a new email. It is probably best to
address it to yourself and try to send it. Some times having a rejected
message of any sort in the outbox can screw up kmail. This ahs worked for me
a couple of times. YMMV

    Marc
    KM5KW
--