-john smith

Job Evers wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:38:05 -0600
"John A. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Also, I'm having problems loading X properly. I couldn't get X to run
at all under 10.0. And for some reason in 9.2, when I set my monitor resolution as a Flat Panel Display 1024 x 768 the edges of the desktop

extend beyond the montor display. In other words, I can't see the perimeter of the desktop, just the center. Any idea why this would be happening?

I've been having similar problems. I use the 852 chipset, which is supposed to be similar to the 855. Might want to take a look at an earlier thread where I asked about this: [newbie] Intel 852/855 GM Chipset, 1024x768 Resolution

and also:
[newbie] Zoomed display in GUI

If you're still confused after taking a look at those, come back and we'll see what we can do.