On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:49:21 +0200
robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I didn't know K3B did file conversion - I'd only used it for data
> backups. That'll teach me to RTFM before I post!

It supposedly does - you can burn the mp3s and convert them at the same
time. But I have found this doesn't always work well in practice. I've
managed to coaster several CDs when trying this approach in the past,
and I've used several front ends when doing so.

I've found that it does not work well to do this especially if your mp3
sources are not 44.1K/stereo files. A bunch of my OTR is not, and the
various front ends do not pay attention to this, and it results in
coasters featuring chipmunk soounds. Also, from my experience, they do
not support VBR encoding well at all. Having your front end segfault in
the middle of a burn is not encouraging, to say the least.

So far, I've found xmms-diskwriter / cdrecord the best way to do this.