Hi,
I would like to extend my congrats to Mandrake for a significant distro
release. I have installed LM10 on my Inspiron (8000) laptop and it took about
20 minutes. I didn't think it would be successful since I didn't have to
provide any input or make any decisions but it set up all of my devices and
set up my broadband internet without a single keystroke from me. All this on
a dual boot system while retaining my /home directory.
My issue is with the Radeon driver. The system has been set up with the fglrx
driver but this doesn't allow me to change the resolution on the lcd screen.
So I changed to the fbdev driver. This allows me to change the resolution but
the screen display doesn't change......for instance, if I go to 600x480 the
task bar disappears off the bottom of the screen. Ctl - Alt - F1 to a cli to
MCC to change back.
I think I remember a posting on this recently but the archives are still out
of date. (what's up with that?)

My thanks, as well, to everyone who support by helping list members.

Best regards,
Bill W.