Fajar Priyanto wrote:

On Monday 22 March 2004 08:57 am, Greg Meyer wrote:

On Sunday 21 March 2004 08:32 pm, Tomy Alarie wrote:

Hi, i just want to know on mandrake 7, why when i try to make a boot disk
or install lilo it tells me : "couldn't find kernel file" ? thanks

Well, there is probably about 20 reasons, including your lilo.conf entries are pointing to the wrong place or your /boot partition is not mounted, so more info is necessary.

The $100,000 question everyone wants answered though is why on earth are
you still using 7.0?

LOL, very interesting indeed.
Even my first encounter with mdk was 8.0.

Wasn't mdk 7.0 one of the last ones that would run on a 486??? That might be the reason certainly..

I don't know that I'd risk it nowdays though.. at least not on anything connected to the internet.

rgds

Frank Hauptle (aka Franki)

For free scripts, online webmaster tools, HTML, XHTML, Perl & PHP tutorials and stuff, visit:
http://htmlfixit.com Free web developer resources.

Please sign our petition to encourage notebook manufacturers to offer video card upgrades just like desktops.
http://www.petitiononline.com/inspiron/petition.html