Stephen Kuhn wrote:
On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 14:38, robin wrote:

...and it's safe to assume that you've tried other drivers - like
forcing ALSA?

How would I do that?

Sir Robin

Is there not a means by which - such as in 9.1 - to change the driver in
MCC/Hardware to utilise a different driver for sound (or any other bit
of hardware)?

There's a choice of two for VIA, and neither of them worked. But as I posted recently, I got sound working somehow (I think it was when I was fiddling with /etc/modprobe.conf).

Sir Robin

--
"Have you googled yet?"
"Willow, she's seventeen!" - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533