On Sun, 31 Oct 1999,Joe Marcom wrote:
  | Good day, all:
  |   My L-M 6.0 user guide claims that the icons in KDE allow one to mount
  | and unmount floppys & CDs without using the command line. However, I
  | only get the error message: " KFM error - could not mount  mount: you
  | must specify the file system type."  What does it mean by this?

Try checking the icon's properties (right-click the icon, then select the
"properties" item in the pop-up menu), then look in the device tab. In my L-M
6.1 icons it reads /dev/hdxy (where x=disk letter, y=partition number). There
is also a folder under the /mnt folder for each partition which can be mounted.
I didn't (and still don't) know how to set up the partition mounting icons in
KDE under L-M 6.0, so I simply used the console window to mount partitions when
I needed to do so. After the first time I mounted a partition, I used the up
arrow to return to the command when I needed it again. However, in L=M 6.1 the
icons work as advertised (at least on my system).

Ernie